Saturday, June 11, 2011

CD Assessment - CUVCRS05B.

Final Results:
(l-r) inside case image & front cover image.
Inside front cover - song information
Disc Image

Image Behind Disc.
 
Back Image - Track Listing.

Information:

Genre:  
Rhythm & Blue's - Modern / Pop
I chose this genre as I liked it myself, Also because at the time no-one else was doing this genre and I wanted to do something a little different from the rest. 
 
Colour Theme: 
Red, Black & White
I chose that colour scheme as I think the colours go well together harmoniously & generally look aesthetically pleasing.
Also, I think red is a strong colour that will help the product stand out from the rest.
 
Imaging:
Upon research on similar album covers for the genre I had chosen I quickly realized that they artists have numerous images of themselves located throughout their album artworks. This is why I've chosen to keep with that similar theme to make the album more "realistic". I had to put a fade on the back image to ensure that the type on the back was clearly legible as track listing is one of the most important parts of album artwork.

Typeface:
I steered away from any complex or detailed fonts for this exercise as I believe the most important element of this artwork is the legibility of your type to ensure you're getting the information across to the "fan base" who are going to be purchasing this item. If they don't get the information they need from it quickly they're more than likely to leave your product. Ending up with no money. I used very small font only where appropriate (as per study of other covers), and done so to get a large amount of information across in a small amount of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment