Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Colour Assessment: Anger, Calm, Excitement.

Explore The Use Of Colour:
Assessment (3) Images


Anger

Reasoning:
Above is my completed image for the depiction of the emotion “Anger” using only colour and shapes to communicate that message.  For this particular image I have chosen to use various shades/tints of red as I think that most people will generally see red as the colour linked to anger. I researched the meaning / phycology behind the colour red & discovered that dark reds meanings include rage, anger, malice and wrath – therefore the use of red was perfect for this task. The different shades of red working with numerous different sharp, pointy, angry shapes makes for a great result which I think depicts exactly how I see Anger.
Calm


Reasoning:
Above is my completed image for the depiction of the emotion “Calm” using only colour and shapes to communicate that message. I have used soft blue tones for this task as I believe that it is best suited for this emotion and conveys the correct message in an effective way. I researched the colour blue and the meaning/phycology behind the colour and found that Blue has a calming/soothing effect on people and is a very tranquil colour – therefore I believe it suited this task completely. However there was mention that too much blue can convey sadness/unhappiness which is why I didn’t use too much blue for this task. I used smooth, flowing and soft shapes as I think they are most calming so soothing.
Excitement:
Reasoning:
Above is my completed image for the depiction of the emotion “Excitement” using only colour and shapes to communicate that message. This task I found more difficult to find suited colours however, with some research I discovered that bright colours such as yellow, red and orange are generally best suited to convey excitement which is why I chose those colours for this task. I used the round shapes to suggest the building of the excitement and the explosion when the reason behind the excitement arrives with the triangular shapes. The swirls are the show the swirling of the emotion as it grows through the body.
The following webpage was used for research:

No comments:

Post a Comment