Monday, April 4, 2011

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

P R O J E C T   F I V E
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

R E S E A R C H:


Web Definition:
Other people's circumstances seem more desirable than one's own.

My Opinion:
I have always viewed this saying in the manner that not everything is as it appears - you may think something is better than what you have and you want it because of that reason, but this doesn't mean that it is actually better. It may be worse.


P R O J E C T: 

R A T I O N A L E:

  • Each situation can be viewed as better or worse than the other - one person may wish their life was alike the others life or in their situation and vice-versa
  • The background image I used for this project was to add a visual effect to match the saying almost a literal way instead of using text 
  • I've put layers into the image that help represent the situation in which both of the girls are in helping the viewer to understand what they are going through
  • I tried to make the image balance equally on each side of the image which I think was reasonably achieved to make it more visually pleasing as well as communicating both situations equally.

No comments:

Post a Comment